Monday, October 15, 2012

Singing with Eva



I stood beside one of my dearest friends today
Mourning that piece of this life fades away.
Mixed in the grief and joy – the thread of the deep:

How do we cope? How do we remember? How do we hope? 
Unsure, we know only that we must take the next step. Forward. Motion.
Pressing on, hand in hand, on tomorrow’s promise we stand.

Today we remember Eva. 
Thank God for her.
Feel her still as we look into the faces of the generations that now stand in the wake of her life lived full. 
Standing now, they too cry out and praise the God she so desperately clung to.

Proud and sad – we rejoice.
Her spirit we miss.
Her strong embrace, forceful undeniable love leaves its mark.   
It's the way she loved that strikes us deep.
She desperately, passionately, unabashedly loved. 
Loved her Savior, Her Lover, Her Sister, the heart beat in this life, her family.
Any one who ever even fell in the shadow of that love – will never be the same.

Tonight we know she is singing, strong and beautiful.  Full and overflowing with  perfect, whole love.

And we sing with her;  
“Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
I'll Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name”  

           

No comments: