Sunday, October 14, 2012

the race


Yesterday Nick ran in the State cross country meet – as he ran, and rounded each bend, my heart soared, my adrenaline pumped, and I cheered him feeling like I wanted to jump in and finish the final leg  of the race beside him. What is it about the run? About the race? That makes me feel so alive? That makes me want to wait for the very last runner to round the bend, to cheer them on?

Paul’s words hit the mark;  
As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. ...  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.  And now the prize awaits me…. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4: 6-8 

At the end of the race I feel my desperation to finish strong kick in. Desire and power surge through my veins, reminders of eternity placed in my heart. This is not the end, will I remain faithful? Let me not just finish, but let me stay ,and finish, strong. 

No comments: