Sunday, October 20, 2013


“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
    his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”
Lamentations 3 :22-24


I know this – I know joy comes in the morning. But sometimes I allow myself to forget it. 

But this morning I am reminded again where my hope comes from. I think this is one of my favorite things about running as the sun rises…it helps me sort out the darkness that has seemed overwhelming and oppressive, and reminds me the sun is rising and the clouds will fade away.  
I am also certain that the darkness is also ever just a few hours away…and I will choose to face it, embrace it, and know the dawn isn’t much further away - and perhaps there is something I can learn in the dark, that I couldn't see if the sun were shining. 

No comments: