Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Listen. Be still. Learn. one year gone another anew.

Listen. Be still. Learn. Looking back spurs to me what lies ahead.

The three words seem to have be a reoccurring theme for me in 2014. So funny how a new year begins and as we look ahead there is so much hope and so much anticipation, yet we can never fathom what turns our journey might take.
As I began the new year in 2014, I had felt God stirring in my heart and speaking to me in ways that I had not experienced before. Not because he wasn’t speaking, but most likely because I wasn’t really listening. A dear friend challenged me in the new year to invite God to reveal to me how he wanted to use me, to be still and reflect on the joy I have experienced when I am using my talents and strengths and leading into his power and then experience a holy depth of energy and life.
I as I have cultivated listening and being still, one of the most frequent things that takes place is a conviction of my spirit.  Revelations that even in my desire to help I can hurt, my pride and desire to be right is oh so wrong, and I have so much work to do to be more “present.” Not consumed with what my agenda or “to do” lists hold, to be listening with my heart to the voices around me – my precious kidos, my love-and perfectly matched partner,   my family, my friends, my co-workers, and those that God continues to brings across my path testing me with opportunities to love and extend his mercy and grace – and as I do so, I see more and more the depth of MY need for his mercy and grace.
So thankful that as we are heading into another year, that I know, his mercies are new every morning.

 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness..” Lamentations 3:22&23

No comments: