Wednesday, September 26, 2012

simple rhythm


What appears as a "normal" night at home for us, comes at a price; a price we were, and continually are, willing to pay. So here we are. The beauty of this simple reality does not go by unnoticed but actually overwhelms me.  Our almost licensed teenager baking cookies in the kitchen…Jim and 13 year old son sitting at the kitchen table – Jim eating, while our 8th grader plows through his reading, writing, etc.... I observe this all from my bed where I was reading with our youngest two. Lillian and I finishing Harry Potter (GASP!! Oh No!! Yes! and having great conversations out of it) Lincoln captivated by his 99th book on weather. This simple rhythm, for our family was not easily attained. Hopes, dreams, fears, prayers, continued grace and mercy - and yes, here we are.  God continues to refine and define us. Enjoying his peace and presence tonight.

No comments: